after market wheels

Bigduff1

Can anyone help me. what is the biggest offset i can go with on a 71 monte, or what i am asking is would a 65mm offset/rear and 46mm offset/front fit

work with the back spacing instead of offset, and inches please, also what width wheel you want, 5" backspacing on the rear axle seems to work best, but a number of combination will work depending on rim width and tire size

I see you posted this in another area also and gave what size and type of wheels you were looking to use. As it was mentioned you will need spacers and you didn't want to go that route so I guess you are not gonna use them I take it?

Some people from this site have used those type of wheels and the spacer they used is like almost 2" if I remember correctly.

Like Sam mentioned you would have to drop the offset referrence and just go by backspacing...makes it so much easier when calculating the fit.

I'm really no good with such large diameter wheels and their fitment but there are some from this site that might be able to help if they see this thread.

Bil

Does anyone know anything abut the KMC701 rims. I am asking these questions because i want to make sure that the sales people are giving me the right adice and not just trying to make a sale. They are saying i can put a 20x10 rear on my car. with probably a 1/4" or 1/2" spacer. is this correct

You can fit that rim but the backspacing would have to be 6 inches. But it is going to be a very tight fit. I have 17x9.5 with a 5.5 backspacing with no issues....I also had 18x9.5 with 5.5 backspacing..no issues...but all are very close to the outside wheel lip...to which I did end up trimming just a bit to make sure they would never rub. But I'm also running a fat tire 295/45. With the 6 inch backspacing you'll fit but now your going to be tight to the inside as well.

My 2 cents

Steve