100_3585.jpg

ah..rubber on the quarter..my day's complete

100_3607.jpg

hurry up and wait..but it's worth it... yay

100_3587.jpg

more to follow....Dave grin

So what did the Chevelle run??? Or do we gotta guess... laugh

Bill

I thought you'd never ask Bill!! Well here's our story...drove it 35 miles to the track, full tank of gas, spare and jack in the trunk, through the exhaust, the street 60's on the front and we short shifted it at 5000 just to play it safe for the first time out. We also kept the tires at 28 lbs and it spun some at launch but we didn't want to stress it yet. It went straight as an arrow, smooth, like a day on the freeway.

It was Patricia's first time ever on the track and she ran a 13.50@ 103 and cut a .05 light....I managed a 12.60 @ 110 and was quite pleased with that. When we were done we just folded up the chairs and drove home....Patricia's hooked....I'm going to try a post a couple of videos...Dave grin

Nice times, looks like you guys had a ball. Thanks for the videos. Can't wait to get back to the track myself. - Dave

It was Patricia's first time ever on the track and she ran a 13.50@ 103 and cut a .05 light....I managed a 12.60 @ 110 and was quite pleased with that.

That's a pretty decent ET, you got the mph for even faster ET's once you get it down pat.

Bill

Awesome Dave!

The tire rubber can be a pain in the ... to clean off the car. Try spraying the lower quarter down with Pam cooking spray, helps keep stuff off the paint. Good to help clean the mud off your tires for all you off roaders too.

I usually put a thick coat of Maguiars on the quarters to keep the Mickey dirt off the quarters.

Awesome times on both. I anxiously await cooler weather to run my 90 454SS I just finished up. No point in melting in 95 degree heat.

I usually put a thick coat of Maguiars on the quarters to keep the Mickey dirt off the quarters.

Awesome times on both. I anxiously await cooler weather to run my 90 454SS I just finished up. No point in melting in 95 degree heat.

Thanks for the nice words everyone......I've seen some guys use cling wrap too, seems to stick to the car very well. If I wait for cooler weather I wouldn't have many opportunities as they only run once a month. The canopy helps a lot but I wish it was cooler for the car's sake. Be sure and post your results Andrew, and remember what Allan always says...no pic's it didn't happen...Dave grin