Brake Disc

Guest JC81

Is it possible to change the brake disc on a 1971 Monte Carlo to change the bolt pattern from a 5X4.75 to a 5X112 - I really do not want to use an adapter... if you know the answer please reply, thanks.

You may be able to have the hubs drilled for that bolt pattern, the rotor and the hub are one piece. That bolt pattern is really small about 4.4 inches.

Isn't that almost the same dimensions?

4.75 = 120.64999999999999/mm

112mm = 4.409448818897638/inch

4.75-4.40= .350/inch

.350 = 7/20

That's awful close a lot of your new wheels come with elongated holes for that purpose..

anyone else want to chime in?

back to your question.. I can't say that I've seen.. what you're looking for.

Rod

It is fairly close, but I really love some rims that I purchased, unfortunately I had to use an adapter, but it still hit the edge of the fender when I make a turn, I guess my next option is to buy bigger springs or shocks, what would you guys suggest.

It is fairly close, but I really love some rims that I purchased, unfortunately I had to use an adapter, but it still hit the edge of the fender when I make a turn, I guess my next option is to buy bigger springs or shocks, what would you guys suggest.

What size are they? I'm thinking 20s'...

The car came with some 20's when I bought it a couple months ago, but I put some 22's that I purchased, even before I bought the monte, unfortunately they are not universal.

Bad luck! I'm riding 17s' and don't like the ride much..hard on the rims.. specially with low profile tires. I can't see riding anything quite that big, without some mods. The adapters just push them rims outward too much.. don't they? I can see why they rub. What part of Califas are you from? cool "WE" like pictures here, don't be shy! lol

Rod