RECONDITIONING FAN SHROUD

Anyone had any experience reconditioning their Fan Shroud?

I just spent around 4 hours today cleaning and recleaning my Shroud. It is clean but 37 years of use has left it faded and stained.

I tried using some polish and then some wax on a couple of spots but did not get the result I wanted.

Looking for a paint (semi-gloss black) that I can trust to not peel, flake, crack from the compartment heat or weather and can be cleaned.

Not looking for show quality, just a enhancement.

I've seen some pic's of members cars with the shroud looking mighty sweet.

Any success stories from you guys?

Doug

Make sure you get paint for plastic, like Kyrlon has to be free of all wax etc or you will get spot were it doesn't stick/small bubbles. clean with strong thinner. warm up can first with hot water & mist it on with light coats. should come out nice. Take your time. Later Bob

Pick a product called "Bulldog", available at most auto parts stores that sell automotive paint. It allows paint to stick to virtually anything. I always use it as a base on plastic and have never had the paint lift or peel.

it's pretty basic Doug, clean it up, prep it to make sure it is free of anything that would interfere with adhesion. Make sure where you're doing this is at a reasonable room temperature and spray in several light coats. One nice thing about flats and semi's is that touch up is not a problem with blending....Dave