Headers

joe69rs

The headers are on a motor I am looking into buying. I don't know the brand or part number. I was hoping they would work so I could save a few dollars down the road.....Plus the guy selling the motor is using the headers as a selling point. If they won't work I will tell him to keep them and knock a few dollars off the price.

Joe,

You don't even have to know the brand to get an idea if they may fit. Pick any mfr and see if a particular header(pick same type short, mid or long as the ones on motor) is listed to fit both our cars and a G-body.

If both are listed its a good chance (not a guarantee) that they may fit. There is always slight changes between companies but I would guess most are similar as to what they fit. Do to cost it is easier to make one header fit more applications than develop a second with a slight chang.

Dan

I disagree with the pick a manufacturer any manufacturer approach. They all make unique headers with different bends, sizes, and styles.

I'd ask the guy if he'd mind letting you see if you can drop the motor in with the headers on, and if they don't fit, get a refund. However, if you're not ready to drop a motor in, I'd just hold off and make sure I got the right ones the first time, unless of course you're getting them on the cheap.