Creative use of old computer parts

TN454Monte

Thought I'd share this with you all, I worked with this gentleman over here in Kuwait, he was a fellow systems admin, and is a really top notch person...He's always had a flair for putting his own touch on a project when I worked with him, although we work on different tasks these days, Miguel remains a close friend.

We had a running rivalry about cars, when he's home, he drives a tweaked out Honda Accord...I used to leave messages on his white board behind his desk like "Miguel, There are NO substitutes for Cubic Inches" grin

Check out his sculptures made out of old Hard drives and server parts:

Robot:

hddrobot.jpg

Fat Boy Harley, Nice touch with the Dog tags to honor the troops here in the AOR:

hddbike.jpg

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gadgetlab/2009/12/hddbike1.jpg

HDD Car:

hddcar2.jpg

This made such a hit here in the AOR, that the Ariforce did a write up on them and someone else wrote in to Wired Magazine about them, and they actually did an article on Miguel

Links:

Air Force Article

Wired Blog article

tsk tsk tsk.. the saying is "ain't no replacement for displacement" !!!

When dealing with a "tuner" one must always make sure you do things in a clear and concise manner Tim, otherwise they tend to get a little confused..

shifterrofl

J/K~~!!