Proper introduction

Stroker-383

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

It's driving like a beauty again! Had some problems with my tires , so had to get some new ones .. same size etc. ( I have more grip now!:D )

Also painted the wheels , black ... laugh

Here are some pics of the car looking as it is now:

foto520small.jpg

roaddriving1backleft.jpg

Sprayed the trunkfloor with bedliner ( black coating, that's soft .. )

Hi all,

It's hard for me to pull this string now, but i hope you will understand .. Also my regards to Mitzi for bringing this up.

I'm saying this because i bought - as some of you know - Robyn's 1972 monte carlo. A really beautifull car .

I found the car on the fgmcc forum , i wasnt a member then.. but was able to look into the forums. ( some of them ) ... I found in the "for sale / wanted" area , Robyns story, telling you guys he was selling his 1972 monte carlo.

After searching the fgmcc forum and site , I found his email ... and was hoping for a quick reply . I got an e-mail, saying he wanted to sell the car, but he wasnt familiar with shipping the car to the Netherlands. I told him that we are familiar with shipping cars .( We bought a few cars , for friends .. also my dad/brother have several american cars )

Robyn sold his car to me , also with a lot of extra parts and accesoires .. spare hood / airco kit etc. ... For the specified "roll on - Roll off" shipping mode, the shipping company told us , that all loose parts or parts that don't belong in the car .. the needed to be shipped another time...

That sucked for me offcourse but also for Robyn...I hoped for the best and the parts can be shipped another time.

It's been a while now , i emailed Robyn in February about the parts , and we emailed a lot, again he was very helpfull and was trying to find a way to wrap the parts .( wooden box / cardbord ) for shipping.

But at that time we were searching for a solution, Robyn past away. Again i feel bad about me asking you guys ... I have emailed Mitzi .. telling her that, if she isnt up to it yet , its not a problem at all...( I can understand , offcourse ).

My question to you guys is: Maybe it's an idea , trusting you.. that we can help Mitzi , taking this problem out of her hands. Maybe someone is living close to Mitzi , that is a friend.. that can help. Again this is very hard for me , hoping i dont hurt anyone by asking this.

Maybe someone close can ask Mitzi about this.. and help me .

Thanks in advance, best regards

Bram van 't Rood

The Netherlands

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

It's been a while...but have done a lot of work on the monte,

It's looking like this right now:

foto546.jpg

foto549.jpg

foto550.jpg

Made some ajustments to the body,

For those who are paying attention : smile I pulled out the turn signal lights in the front and rear fenders and closed them ( welded plates in )

Took some photos on a cool place nearby:

blackwhitelvs.jpg

blackwhitervs1.jpg

Then i have a question: I'm looking for another rear axle ( diff set-up ), the one i have now is only spinning with one wheel ( if you know what i mean wink )

Does anyone know how i can solve this and burn with two tires i.s.o. one wink

thanks