Air Compressor Mount?

Slaman

Ok, so I picked up a set of metal inner fender wells yesterday from a guy who said they came out of his '68 El Camino. Now my question. On the drivers side fender well there is what I think maybe an attachment stud for a Leveling Compressor. It has a round base that bolts to the fender well and then has about a 3/8" diameter shaft that is about 1.5 to 2" tall that has a recessed section toward the top. Never actually seen a stock leveling kit or the compressor in person on one of our cars so I am curious if this is part of that system. He did say he thought the Elkie orignally had air-shocks on it but I am pretty sure they'd been replaced by an after market set by now...

Sorry I haven't had a chance to get a pic of it yet. If this is what it is, would it be worth putting up for sell? If so what would be a good price?

Thanks,

Steve

Don't know about the El Camino system, but there were no studs on the Montes. There are square nuts welded to the mounting brackets and bolts come up through the inner fender. Difference in mounting style for metal El Camino and plastic Monte inner fenders? Could be, but not sure.

OK thanks. might have to look over on one of thier boards to figure this out. Not really a big deal was just curious what it was.