Leaking TB350

Guest shawnee2

Guest shawnee2

My transmission started leaking badly around the front right corner. I installed a new gasket with the origianl pan and did not correct. Installed a new pan and gasket and still the same issue. It doesn't seem to be leaking anywhere else but I didn't look to close. Any ideas as to what would paoosibly be leaking above if it is not the pan?

Don't know what yours could be but mine leaked in that same area and it had had a cracked weld on the torque converter that we found after new a ft pump and new seals were replaced in vain.

Before I spend money repairing my THM-350 again, I think I'll look hard at a 200 R4 to replace it.

Bruce

th350's are prone to leaks around the dipstick tube and kickdown cable where it goes into the trans. also check your cooler line fittings.

if the dipstick or kickdown is leaking, drain the fluid, remove the offending unit.. clean it, and the trans REALLY well.. a generous smear of RTV (don't gob it on, you dont' want globs of it getting inside the trans) put it back together, and let it cure for 12horus before putting fluid back in it.