Okay, last time for my SB/BB choice

BigBlockMonte

I almost bought the 383 stoker set up today, and couldn't help but keep thinking about some of you saying just go with a BB.

The Kit I'm Looking at Would Consist Of

30 over Rotating Assembly/ (-4cc Forged Pistons)/ 4.030 Bore/

Aluminum Head 210CC Runner

64CC Combustion Chamber/ 2.02-1.6 Valves

Camshaft 488-510 Lift/ 234-244 @50 Duration

112 Lobe Seperation

750 Quick Fuel Carb

I'm guessing right around 10:5:1 Compression.

I weighed the Chevelle Today, She Is exactly 3600lbs Without Me in it. I'm about 160ish.

Turbo 350 with a 3:31 Gear

Now My Final Question is with the set up, Will a stock bottom end 454 with forged pistons, aluminum head, and a 555+ lift camshaft, with a good carb. 850 or something.

Will The BB Walk away from the 383 stroker? I now have a line on a 454 out of a surburban (80's) guy wants like $500.00

Remember I have $3500-$4000 at the MAx to build this engine.

I'll wait to hear your response's before I decide this weekend what to do.

Thank you for your help again.

ps. Looking for 500+ crank Hp, and be able to drive it on the street, stuck in traffic, let my wife drive it, etc.

I would go with the Big Block. $500 for a 454 out of a Surburban doesn't sound bad especially if you can get all the brackets/pulleys etc.

I have an est. 600 HP 454 (actually 462ci) and it has no problem sitting at the stop light idling not going over 200F even in our 95+ degree heat lately. smile I have an aluminum radiator and waterpump and a Flex-a-Lite Flexfan (not one of those cheapos). Hope to upgrade to Electric Fans in the future just to save a few more HP.

I would go with the Big Block. $500 for a 454 out of a Surburban doesn't sound bad especially if you can get all the brackets/pulleys etc.

I have an est. 600 HP 454 (actually 462ci) and it has no problem sitting at the stop light idling not going over 200F even in our 95+ degree heat lately. smile I have an aluminum radiator and waterpump and a Flex-a-Lite Flexfan (not one of those cheapos). Hope to upgrade to Electric Fans in the future just to save a few more HP.

+1 for a BB. My 502 had zero issues in the heat particularly in traffic. I got my aluminum radiator from Alumitech Reproductions, along with the electric fans. Works better than factory by a long shot and looks like the original Harrison rad. Plus, Don (the owner) is a great guy to deal with.

Alumitech

And besides, there's so much friggin' room under the hood, you might as well. In fact, on a quiet night, if you listen closely, you can hear your engine bay calling to you:

"Biiiiiiiig blooooooooock .... Biiiiiiig blooooooooooooooooock ..."

I'm just sayin'.

~ Z

I' looking at this top end kit.

https://www.patriot-performance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=227&cat=87&page=1

I figure this top end kit, balance the rotating assembly, get 8 slugs, and if they are getting over 550 with it being a 496, I figure I may get around 500-510. maybe.

any thoughts