700r4 driveshaft length for a monte

FerrariTruck

hey guys, hope everyone is doing well.

So the monte has a 327/700r4 in it right now but . Its a combo my dad bought to put in his ford but i've convinced him otherwise. The motor runs great but he wants me to have it in my car so when i sell the motor the buyer can start the motor and drive the car to see what he is buying

Anyhow, I was wondering if one of you guys that has a 700r4 in their car could tell me the driveshaft length from yoke to yoke..

I want to see if I can get a driveshaft that will just slide in.

thanks guys!

also if you can point me in the direction of the correct brackets to use on edly carb that would be great too

There are different length tail shifts without know what the length of your tail shaft is it will be hard to give you a good guess. As for the carb bracket for the eddy try bowtieoverdrive.com http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/catalog/catalog_inc/viewitem.php?ITEMID=213. You might be able to get one from summit and jegs as well.

A bit confused.

So your Monte is a test mule and will be used only to demonstrate motor/tranny combo for a possible sale? What are the plans for the Monte afterwards? You know you cannot do all that work, tease the monte with a new heart and simply return its original motor untouched. The Monte needs commission for its help in selling combo. LOL

There are different length tail shifts without know what the length of your tail shaft is it will be hard to give you a good guess. As for the carb bracket for the eddy try bowtieoverdrive.com http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/catalog/catalog_inc/viewitem.php?ITEMID=213. You might be able to get one from summit and jegs as well.

Thanks for the info, i will measure the the trans and dig up some pics to see if we can Id it.

A bit confused.

So your Monte is a test mule and will be used only to demonstrate motor/tranny combo for a possible sale? What are the plans for the Monte afterwards? You know you cannot do all that work, tease the monte with a new heart and simply return its original motor untouched. The Monte needs commission for its help in selling combo. LOL

Yes you are correct. I had a 454 in it last summer that i took out to put in a 72 el camino im building. The plans are once I sell the el camino that will leave me enough money finish building an all forged 461 with afr head and solid roller cam.

So since the motor(327) was just sitting and the monte had no engine decided to drop it in meantime. Ill get pics for you guys