chrome plating prices

overdrive

I took my power window and lock switches apart today and took them to a local plating shop. The guy is being pretty fair I think with his prices. He quoted me $150 for the 4 power window switch bezels and 2 power lock bezels. I priced repro switches and the lock sw. are $105 each, and the win. sw. are $45 ea. for the singles and $75 for the 4 gang sw. for the drvr door. He said their business is still pretty slow and he'd give me a good price. They've done work for me in the past and do great work. I told him I'd rather pay him and use original parts than buy new, since so many new parts are made overseas. I took them 4 bumper guards, $50 ea., 2 door handles and buttons, $30 ea., and the bezel for the remote control mirror, $20, 3 weeks ago. They should have them done in 2-3 weeks.

If anyone is interested, I can put you in touch with them. I don't know if they have a tank big enough for bumpers or not. They didn't use to, but they've moved to a new building in the last few yrs.

Dan

Mine is a 70. And I would think the price would be close.

So far they have done allot of plating for my 70. They did have to send the bumpers off to keystone, they didn't have a big enough tank. Don't be in a hurry though.