882# sbc heads

robs70monte

I hear a lot of mixed reviews on the 882s. I seems like they are the first design smog head. Most of them have GMs first attempt at induction hardening of the exhaust seats. The exhaust crossover was redesigned and may contribute to the cracking between the center exhaust ports that these heads are prone to do. Some are supposed to flow good but some not, that probably comes from the 70s casting techniques. They have large chambers 76 to 78 cc.

What are you plans for the heads?

Well i jest started striping down my montes motor and it looks lile it has a set of 1974 882s I have herd bad things about these heads but any way I'm going for a mild 350 .60 over jest got the 400 crank so it can be 383ed. 268h comp cams 1.6 ratio rockers roller tip. I do have a set of vortech heads but I don't like the look of the center bolt valve covers it jets don't look right to me

That's what I was thinking so in probly not going to use the 822s so if any one needs em come get em I'm going to look for some camal back heads or jest Some small chamber 70s heads that should be on the car