193 heads?

robs70monte

I have a set of gone threw 193 swirl port heads given to me they look jest like the vortec heads but there not iv been told there great ware torque is needed they have have 64cc combustion chambers because there swirl port heads i was told there only good up to 4,500rpm What do you guys think about these heads any one have any experience with them form what i see some people like em some people hate em i don't know why but im having a hard time finding vortec heads i thought these where vortecs till i ran the numbers

Those heads were used on 305 and 350 TBI motors. There is a ramp cast into the intake runner that runs up to one side of the guide restricting the intake port and trying to create a swirl effect in the chamber. The vortec heads created swirl with combustion chamber shape.

Remember that the TBI motors were basically a electronic two barrel wet manifold. the heads worked fair for the intended purpose.

If you are planning a low RPM high torque engine the head will be ok but no barn burner

these heads where most comonly found on trucks from 86 to 94 they where pre vortec good truck head not worth the head ach of dealing with the screwed up intake bolts for your monte keep looking

I wws jest giong to buy a performer intake and angle the center 4 bolt the make angled washers for them but I guess ill keep looking its hard to fine good heads out here there all cracked or jest flat out junk any one have any good sbc head that are ready to go