Floor shift without a console?

MonteCarLois

Yes and Yes. The 4 speed could be ordered with a bench set, buckets without console or buckets with console. If you ordered buckets seats and did not order the console, the shifter (automatic) was on the column. I believe that is how Capri's 1971 SS454 car was ordered.

Hey all...

What about the 3 speed manual cars? I have only ever seen one 3 speed manual Monte in my life...it is a 70 with a bench seat and it has the shifter up on the steering column (3 on the tree).

Has anybody ever seen...

-) 3 speed manual with shifter on the floor? If so...what front seat did it have? How about a console?

I think we all have discussed this in a different post...but if such a car exists...I am assuming the non-console car would get the 4 speed bench floor tunnel and the square shift boot. However...what if the 3 speed manual car had a console? I have NEVER seen a 68-72 Monte/Chevelle/El Camino console with a 3 speed shift pattern in it? Has anybody?

It APPEARS that ALL 3 speed manual Monte's had the shifter ONLY on the steering column from the factory? Is this correct?

Regarding the buckets and console...you could get them in a variety of configurations like Rich mentioned.

Hope this helps out.

Hey Rodney, I have seen a 1970 El-camino 3 speed on the floor with buckets and No console and had the square hump and a White shifter ball and a 3spd pattern on it. Muncie or not I cant remember but I would guess it was a Saginaw tranny..

Darren.

Monte 3 speed was column shift only, could be ordered with bucket seats, could NOT be ordered with a console. Can't say about Chevelle or Elky but the 1970 Monte paper work is specifc about the 3 speed.