Looking for a new torque converter

1972mc

The only mod I will do on the Monte this year is upgrade the torque converter. Look at my sig file for current car specs. .487Int / .508 Exh & 234 Int / 244 Exh duration @ .050 - 112 degree lobe sep. 9.5-1 comp.

Looking for an inexpensive converter to give me a better launch but still feel like a stock (or close to) on the street.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Carl

No such animal as an inexpensive torque converter if you want the right converter for your application. Just fork over the bones and have someone like Coan, Yank, ATI, or some other pro outfit spec one out for you and let them build it for you.

I know some of the "guys" at Protorque, and have dealt with them on a professional and non-professional basis. I have used them in the past and they are "true gentlemen" who build a quality product. They have been "true to their word", to me and I have no problem recommending them. Threir customer service is excellent. I am planning to use them again in the near future. Any questions, please PM me.