Tick

ddiddle

will do, and don't worry man! ONE day you will be able to out build some of the better builders if you just keep at it and do the research. Devotion man, that's all it takes.

Here is a thought, eliminate the mechanical fuel pump and add an electric fuel pump. Tick is gone......

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

That was an option, Bruce...and I seriously considered it, but in the end, I went ahead with the cam replacement. Got it back this week.

We went with a slight bump up from an RV, a Comp Magnum 270H. Got everything cleaned and painted, new water pump and fuel pump and plugs and wires, cap and rotor, etc.

The best guess is that it was a ZDDP issue. Buy the additive or the oil! You can buy a lot of oil for what this repair cost.

I'm still running the Edelbrock 650, but am looking seriously at a quadrajet, as funds allow.

Runs great, no noise. smile

Lighter wallet. eek

I also took a deep breath and cut a hole in my "new" dash to fit the rear defogger switch. Came out great.