71 Carburetor

MC-71

I need some help with a 71 Monte Rochester 4Barrel. I need a carb. number. 350 engine. Big Blocks are also welcomed. I'm looking towards the future and would like to hold on to one. Thanks for the help.

Found the carburetor number in my book "Chevrolet By The Numbers" The number is 7041202 1971 Rochester Q Jet 4BBL. I'm going to post a WTB ad in the For Sales. Thank You Andreas.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of Q'jets. I probably have 7 or 8 of them. Although more complicated than other carbs, with a little patience and attention to detail they can be tuned to a much finer state than any other carburetor. For all out racing, a Holley type carb is still King, but from stop light to stop light and cubic inch for cubic inch, I've outrun a lot of other cars with Holleys and AFB's installed on them. I may have the exact number you're seeking, but is that number the only one you will consider? The only difference in most of these 70-72 4MV Q'jets were the rods, jets and piston spring, all of which can be changed to suit your needs. The secondary hanger was also a factor, but not a big one.