Valve covers

monte70car

You'll know when you fire it up- hope there is no noise of a rocker kissing the cover! Someone makes a thicker gasket- check summit. I have rollers under those valve covers too- I love that look!

I'll take the oil cap off tomorrow or so and scoop the under side of the covers if it going to hit any where its going to be for the PCV valve and the fresh air port. I'm thinking it's going to be hitting the poly locks which shouldn't matter to much. From what I can tell feeling around there is room.

I will check it for it gets fired up again next on my list is a set of plug & wires or maybe just plugs and run my current wires. I will be using the stock hold down stands so I'm thinking a 8mm wire would be best compared to the 8.5mm that's on the motor now.

I just took the scoop and looked under the covers this morning and there is clearance. I also went ahead and hooked up a regular pcv valve with a black rubber hose to the rear of the carb(efi unit). For that stock look try and get smaller belts this weekend and fire it.

For testing I just put on the big alt belt for a test fire. Car seems to have a different sound with the stock looking covers and everything hooked up like it should be. I didn't hear any ticking sound of the rockers hitting the covers so that's a plus, I'm sure if it was hitting I would hear it big time. I did grab a video which I'll post on my photo bucket account later.