Started new LED taillights part II

Not sure if this will work or how long I can keep it there but here is a Apple Quicktime Video clip large download of the rapid fire taillights. If you right click on the link and then click "save target as" then browse and save to a temp directory you can view the clip.

"Pulse width modulated tail lamp The reduced intensity taillight now is a rapid pulsing of the LEDs on and off (on for 10% and off for 90% of the time) This pulsing repeats 2000 times per second. Since the LEDs are on only 10% of the time their life is increased."

You hardly notice it with the naked eye but the camera picks it up quite well.

Silly question, did everyone use the existing black wire for the ground? I just used the green wire to body ground, and I am thinking I should have used the black wire from the original taillight pigtail; what do you think?

the green wire is not a ground wire.

the only ground wires are BLACK

that GREEN wire is the Stop/Turn light

the light brown wire is the parking lights

I'll have to check it out

I just noticed last night that my back guide lights arent working

I know I used the green as ground...I thought thats what the instructions say as well.

I didnt use the black or yellow wires, maybe this is why my back guide lights arent working

Other than that tail lights work just fine

Ray

the green wire is not a ground wire.

the only ground wires are BLACK

that GREEN wire is the Stop/Turn light

the light brown wire is the parking lights

I was referring to the green wire that comes off of the Shinny-Hinny taillight system not to be confused with the green and yellow (blinker wires) from the gm wiring harness. The green wire from the Shinny-Hinny taillight system is used for ground and was wondering if other people used the black from the gm wiring harness to connect the Shinny-Hinny taillight system to ground.

I guess the question remains then; did other people just use the black wires for the green ground wires on the new taillight assembly? Or did they ground the green wires to the body ground?

• 2 years later...

I am going to bring this thread only because I have some issues with my new tail lights.

first question: After cutting off the stock light sockets do we tie the two black ground wires together with the green wire from LED lights and a separate wire that ties to the body as a ground? Or do we only use one GM ground wire with body ground. and cap off the second wire?

The same questions goes for the Yellow wire on the driver side and the green GM wire on the passenger side.

Second question: will the front parking lights have an effect on the LED tail lights? When I turn on the lights I have no parking lights Is there a separate fuse for them? We can rule out bad bulbs because they are new.

more Questions to follow.