More Chrome Work

The parts look great, Rodney!!! smile Were you planning on repainting the areas that were originally black (i.e. the rear pieces), or leaving them as they are?

They look so nice I'd be tempted to leave them as is.

The parts look great, Rodney!!! smile Were you planning on repainting the areas that were originally black (i.e. the rear pieces), or leaving them as they are?

They look so nice I'd be tempted to leave them as is.

I am wanting to detail the grille with black in between spaces but I need to see an original untouched one to go by. What rear pieces are you speaking of?

Hi Rodney - I was thinking mostly of the "horseshoe" taillight bezels. On my '70 the inner half of the bezel is painted a semi-flat black (on the section where the screw holes are from the ridge back). The screw heads are also black.

Also, the bottoms of the "hockey sticks" on mine were painted black (the longer trim piece on the bottom of the rear valance panel between them is painted black on the bottom too). Not sure if this was true for all years, or unique to '70s.

The trim on the valance panel and the "hockey stick" end pieces might not be worth the trouble painting as it is hard to see anyway with the bumper on.