accelerator cable question

cbolt

Does anyone happen to know the length of the cable for the small block 4bbl? Last time I ordered one it was waaaaay too long so I had to make it work. Since it seems I need to change from the ball type end to the pin type end I want to maybe change to a supercoolhightechperformancepolishedfancy type and want to make sure I get the correct length. Thanks in advance

Well, it might ruin your excuse to get the fancy cable, but these are as close as your local hardware store.

ball-20studs-100x100.jpg

Maybe it's easier to change the thing on your carb linkage instead of dealing with a whole new cable setup?

Ahhh... you saw through my thinly veiled excuse to get the new cable. Hardware store, huh? I have never seen anything like that at a hardware store but have admittedly never looked. I will try that in the morning, thanks.

Yep. It's called a ball stud. I think even Home Depot has them in the hardware isle, but they hide them in the shallow drawers where they stock stuff like O-rings and nylon washers.

Lokar has a nice universal cable...and it looks pretty too lol....just measure twice, cut once...it's pretty easy to set up nudge nudge nudge... lol (and it comes with the new ball stud so you dont have to fight home depot hehehe)

Well, since I have just come from Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace hardware, and NAPA and none of them have a ball stud it looks like a new cable after all.