Great tool for cutting braided SS hose

dbreese

For those that make up there own line I bought one of these from Speedway Motors

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Heavy-Duty-Braided-Hose-Cutter,5299.html

$19.99 and it cut -12 like butter with no tape and no little frayed wires to poke you in the fingers.

Good tool investment for sure

David

For those that make up there own line I bought one of these from Speedway Motors

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Heavy-Duty-Braided-Hose-Cutter,5299.html

Here's a direct link...LINK

I did the old method of taping the end and cutting it with a sharp 32 tooth hacksaw blade. I was actually amazed that it worked so well for me.

I taped mine and used an abrasive cutoff wheel. I also had good results, but the saw and abrasive wheel methods tend to fill the inside of the hose with debris. I have to admit that the proper cutters would be the best way to do it... those cutters look just like cable cutters and use a scissor action instead of pinching. I bet those cutters are great for making battery cables as well.

Interesting Dave. I always figured that those types of cutters would squish the rubber part of the hose too much and ruin it. I have a smaller version of them but have been afraid to try them--actually figured the stainless would ruin the cutting edge too! I may have to try them. I've always used the tape and dremel cutoff wheel option myself.