My old Carb. Time for a new one? Will intake work?

1970MonteMotion

I was unsure of what the carb size was, until I found out, it was an upgrade comp series back in the 1970 from the old Qjet. A little of what I found:

Competition replacement for all Quadra-Jet carbs. on

1965-70 327, 350, 402 C.I.D. engs. Mechanical

secondaries, spread bore, double pump, 650 c.f.m., non

emission, divorced choke

The carb works, and operates perfectly fine, but I am wondering if there are better choices for me. I really just want a cruise around town car, that could get up and go if need be. Stock 350/300hp, cam, headers, intake, small stall, shift kit. Nothing fancy.

Also, if my carb is a spread bore, does that mean it won't work on square bore intake?

If you look on the choke horn there will be a list of number if you provide that we can take a look and see if it's square bore or spread bore. if its a spread bore then your intake will be spread unless its an after market intake that can take both.

It's in his post:

Quote:
Competition replacement for all Quadra-Jet carbs. on

1965-70 327, 350, 402 C.I.D. engs. Mechanical

secondaries,spread bore, double pump, 650 c.f.m., non

emission, divorced choke

Robert, (the first one), if you have the original intake, it's a spread bore and your carb fits it with no adapters. Your carb will mount on a square bore intake with an adapter. A spread bore carburetor is a 4 barrel with the primaries (front barrels) small and the secondaries are quite a bit larger. If it's not a spread bore (square bore) then all 4 barrels are the same size. A spread bore is a good choice for a car that runs at lower RPMs alot and will normally give a little better gas mileage. The secondaries are large and will flow alot of air when you firewall the pedal. A carb with vacuum operated secondaries would be more for street than one with mechanical secondaries, but if the one you have works well, all is good.

Dan