floor Pans

BURNOUT BOX

I had almost zero waste, as any small pieces I had, I cut to fit into various little gaps and then I used HVAC joint tape to cover all seems. Its shiny foil tape which blends in so well that you cannot even tell from the pics that it is used. I knew that 34 sq ft wasn't enough but didn't want to order another kit until this was installed so I could get a more accurate measurement. I plan on covering up the rear wheel wells that are exposed in the picture and then the section that's unfinished figures out to about 8 sqft. Any left over from that I'll probably try to fit under the dash against the firewall......The HVAC tape was $8 bucks at Home Depot for 50 ft, 2 inches wide.

I had almost zero waste, as any small pieces I had, I cut to fit into various little gaps and then I used HVAC joint tape to cover all seems. Its shiny foil tape which blends in so well that you cannot even tell from the pics that it is used. I knew that 34 sq ft wasn't enough but didn't want to order another kit until this was installed so I could get a more accurate measurement. I plan on covering up the rear wheel wells that are exposed in the picture and then the section that's unfinished figures out to about 8 sqft. Any left over from that I'll probably try to fit under the dash against the firewall......The HVAC tape was $8 bucks at Home Depot for 50 ft, 2 inches wide.

Great info Thanks!!! I will store this away for when I do mine. I had the guy that wanted my old dash pad come today to buy it. I took the clips off it but he has enough. I painted them (sorry no pics) and put them back on the stereo pad I got and awaitng install. Got the dash panel wood grain out (that rear "defogger" switch is a PITA with those small nuts to get off). Looking at my carpet it's in really good shape. I bet at some point it was replaced? But I will redo the interior like you did. I was also told night and day difference in sound deadening and heat transfer from engine compartment once done so another motivation to Get R DONE!!!

Good luck and PICS of the REST when you can.......

Regards

Scott

Murphy that would be GREAT. Let me know yes a bit of a heads up before. Can for sure get together...maybe if it's in summer time can bring out the Monte.

I am about 55 minutes from CN Tower (non rush hour) as I'm in Oshawa in the East end.

And your welcome the car is coming along well. Did you buy the stuff from Eastwood site directly?

I'll have to check it out too.....

Scott

Yes, purchased directly from Eastwood. When you set up an acct, they send you a Thank you email with a code# for FREE shipping on 1st order. Which was great. After I received the order, I got another Thank you email and another code# for free shipping again to be used in 30days. I'm impressed with their services...........

It's looking good BurnOut, alot more than I'd want to attempt. Finished my floor this weekend since Daytona was postponed!! Now I just need to order carpet......DSCF1413.jpgDSCF1412.jpgI also strung new speaker wire in the flat plastic conduit.