floor Pans

BURNOUT BOX

Yesterday I finally received my front 1/4 floor pan from Lutty's. It's just the drivers floor section.....$55. I'm actually only going to use a 12"X8" piece. My buddy is the welder so he gets the car tomorrow. Pull your seats and all the carpet to make sure what you need. I had a bad spot under the back seat which was already fixedDSCF1381.jpg

Here's another of the complete floor, it's excellant (I think) for 40+ yrs old. FloorBd2.jpg

Once I get it back from welding shop, I'm covering everything in HushMat then new carpet.

Saw your post on face book Jim and thought damn that name looks farmiler. duh

Those floors dont look to bad other than thay one spot, once you get that fixed and that rust cleaned up your good to go.

Hey bro.. smile Yeah them pictures of the floors are not my pictures,But i will be getting out there today to look in to it more and take pictures,

• 4 weeks later...
Here's another of the complete floor, it's excellant (I think) for 40+ yrs old. FloorBd2.jpg

Once I get it back from welding shop, I'm covering everything in HushMat then new carpet.

Just some updated photos of the floor.....DSCF1404.jpgDSCF1406.jpg

Found that Eastwoods product is a better quality and cheaper....34sqft kit wasn't quite enough!!DSCF1410.jpgDSCF1411.jpg

Partially, all the seems and any questionable spots. The entire underside from the rear bumper to the firewall I did POR15. After 48hrs, allowing the POR15 to cure (on the inside),I then brush painted with Rustoleums Flat Black for metal. I spent a good bit of time cleaning & wiping down the metal befor paint. Really turned out great!

Partially, all the seems and any questionable spots. The entire underside from the rear bumper to the firewall I did POR15. After 48hrs, allowing the POR15 to cure (on the inside),I then brush painted with Rustoleums Flat Black for metal. I spent a good bit of time cleaning & wiping down the metal befor paint. Really turned out great!

Great pics thanks for sharing and looks good. I have a few questions.

You used the POR 15 underneath and then only the seems where there was rust inside the interior? Is it because it's a bit $ to do the entire inside floor pan? with the POR15? I can see the rustoleum would do the job, but isn't the POR15 designed to chemically change RUST to prevent it from reverting back? Just asking as I think you did a great job and looks great but just curious on the thoughts for doing it this way..as I will be wanting to do mine sometime soon. Also the Eastwood can you tell me the thickness of it and current $ over the other Dynamat. I had a local guy tell me that the same basic stuff is available at Home Depot to do the same job, just in a roll similar to what sounds like you used. If it is would be a good cheap way to get similar results...

Thanks and keep the pics coming wink

Scott

The reason I did the seems was that the POR15 is nice a thick & I wanted to sealup the chalked areas. I removed a few minor rusty spots with a grinder first then a primer. I chose the Rustoleum cause it was much cheaper and I have sealed it from the bottomside already, I didn't really have any rust that I was covering.

The Eastwood "Thermo-Sound Dampening Barrier" is 1/8" thick & is very easy to work with. The Kit I got was 34sqft w/rolling tool. (which is a must) I've just ordered 2 10' kits as they are on special for $21 ea. The originalkit was $155. So I'll have $200 into the floor. Many others have told me of the difficulty of the Dynamat to work with & the cutup hands U will get plus twice the price.....

Thanks for the reply Murphy. I understand the reasoning now thank you. I have to source the POR15 I think I know someone local who sells it as a dealer so may opt to go that way underneath. As for the inside, well will look at the stuff that is suppose to be at Home Depot and see if I can find a comparison to the Eastwood stuff. Makes sense it would be similar as it is designed to do similar thing only in a house/structure. Moisture and sound deadening and heat barrier is common to both. I imagine that the Dynamat came from construction in housing originally more then just an automotive application. Sometimes brand names are just that...but the DEAL on it now for 10 ft rolls doesn't seem too bad. Of the 34 sq ft you purchased what if any was left or waste? Did you use it all + need more hence the repurchase? or just too good of a deal not to have some to finish other areas?

Thanks again for the info and pics, help to inspire us all I'm sure to get out there!!!

Scott