suspension

How hard is it to replace the front sway bar also how hard is it to replace upper lower controle arms? should I go with tubular or stock controle arms? I am not doing any suspension stuff now but I may do some in the future.

I agree with Ian. BMR has very nice suspension components at a reasonable price. As far as replacing the front sway bar is concerned, it is not very difficult to do. It can be done in less than 30 minutes but there is little reason to replace it unless it is damaged or you are going to use a larger bar. As far as the control arms are concerned, there is no reason to replace stock control arms with stock control arms.

If you are trying to improve the handling of your Monte there are several past posts in this section that have many good suggestions as to what to do based upon your budget and desired end result. Most likely you will want to upgrade the springs, perhaps the control arms, bushings and shocks and that is just on the front. For certain you want to put together a complete plan for both front and rear before you do anything. That way you will not be wasting any time or money as you do the work.

You also might consider if you are going to change wheel or tire sizes in your plan.

Mike

• 2 months later...

well i now have great acess to all my suspension stuff so replacing a sway bar should be easy and i have already painted the stuff thats on there vh1 chassis paints work pretty good.

JacobsMonteCarloMBCarShow197.jpg