motor oil

monte70car

so a few months back(Feb) I did a cam swap in the Monte. I got the motor all button back up just need to turn the motor back to #1 and drop the dist back in place. My question is the new cam talks about using straight 30w oil whats the best choice to use? also oil filter I'm think cheap filter for the break in of the cam and then switching to a K&N oil filter after the break in. I replaced a blazer-292 cam for a Voodoo 60203 I already got the break-in lube.

When I am breaking in a flatty, any oil is good as it will only be in there for an hour or so, only 1/2 hour of run time. Usually Delco 10W30 as I use it in 95% of my customers cars. I add the Comp zinc addative then and I replace it before the car starts again.

After the break-in I'm going to switch to Shell with the high zinc in it plus a k&n oil filter. the big job is getting it running with the injection on the motor which needs to have a new tune burn on it along with the hp being changed.

While I can see the point of going with a cheapo filter...I'm thinking you would want to run a top of the line filter during break-in. In theory, that is when most of the debris would be created as the parts "wear in" to each other..... or i could just be out of my mind lol

X2

I totally agree.I don't think anyone would tell you that you waisted the extra 4 or $5.I've heard some good things from racers on these guys.I like the online oil analysis.

http://www.schaefferoil.com/

While I can see the point of going with a cheapo filter...I'm thinking you would want to run a top of the line filter during break-in. In theory, that is when most of the debris would be created as the parts "wear in" to each other..... or i could just be out of my mind lol