Can't be accused of owning a crate motor no more

680HPStroker

After many a frustrating time at car shows and cruise inns over the years with my GM Performance valve covers no one will mistake my engine anymore. I finally had the set of marine tall valve covers I bought about six months ago ceramic coated and installed them on my BB. I must say they give my engine a totally different look. It looks much more menacing now. The ceramic coating is nice and shiny, but not quite the luster of chrome. It's actually a nice contrast with my polished aluminum, chrome, and black engine compartment.

What! NO PICTURES? You know the rules..let's see that bad boy. cool

^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^ grin I'm sure they look killer. How someone could mistaken your engine as a crate model is beyond me!

David

Tease!

BTW: I've gotten the comment that my valve covers "scream" crate motor. But real gear heads know that anything can be lurking under crate motor valve covers. I say if you like them, then who cares what other people think. I happen to like GM stuff cuz it fits. Plus, the drippers are a bonus. grin

Anything can also lurk under stock appearing valve covers. Someone out west has a mean 571 in stock LS5 trim, it just has th taller Corvette style covers to clear the tall rocker arms.

I like the looks of ceramic coating also. Very nice.