What type of Fan ??

snomobeelr

Putting car back together and wondering if I should change the Fan. Never had cooling issue. Have a 454 with a 4 core radiator and Ive always had a Flex fan. The only issue I had with it I was overtightning the Alternator my hand slipped and I ended up Slicing through the tendons on my Finger.. I had a broken fan shroud, but now I have a good one. I was going to reuse the Flex fan but saw somewhere there not supposed to be that good? If I dont use that what do I use a clutch Fan?

GM 772 7 blade fan with a Hayden 2747 fan clutch. Your shroud is good and the radiator is plenty. That should be a great combo for cooling that B/B I'm betting Jared or Leo have some fans in their inventory of parts.

David

I'm with David. I have a big block, 4 speed 70 with A/C. My entire cooling system is stockity stock stock and it cools perfectly. My A/C need a charge now, but when it worked, my car could idle forever with the A/C on in summer heat and NEVER get close to overheating.