Rocker studs pulling out????

Toppless72

Need some opinions. I have a 350 Cu. In. 4 Spd. in a Camaro. Last night it started to miss. Long story short... It has pulled both the intake and exhaust rocker studs out of the head about a quarter inch.

I could understand if it were on various cylinders or two intakes etc. But, why both studs on the same cylinder and nothing else?

These are the studs where the rocker mounts and the valve adjustment is made. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Pulling studs has been an issue for years. You can pin them or have them converted to screw in. If you start to pull a exhaust cylinder pressure can bend a push rod or pull the stud on the intake. How much cam are you running?

This motor is built stock top to bottom with the exception of the crank. It was turned .010 on the rods and mains just to clean it up. The bore, stroke, cam, heads, valves, and springs etc. are all the specs from papa GM. That's why I don't understand what could cause the studs to pull out on one cylinder. I was thinking of going to screw in studs but I would still like to know what caused the studs to pull out in the first place.

Thanks for your input.

I had pulled a stud on my 350 years ago, and it wiped out the cam too. If yours is a flat tappet, you really need to check the lobes for any damage.