its been a while, but I need some help. (th400)

Carla's King

So if you review the post below this, you know I blew my th350, and I was given a perfectly functioning th400 from out of his stingray. Did not have the time to do the swap myself, so I left it in the hands of my mechanic. Who note is a great mechanic and guy, that is when he isn't drinking. But recently he's begun drinking again and I refuse to let him work on carla again in that condition.

So here's my issue. The trans is perfect, she runs great. But I noticed a rattling noise coming from the undercarrige of my car. It sounds like its coming from underneath the passanger side and only seems to happen when there's a lot of pressure in the engine. I.e.

I'm driving on the freeway, getting ready to go downhill so I shift into nuetral, and once in nuetral I can hear the rattling. Even if I rev the engine, the noise still persists.

It honestly sounds like its either a loose bolt, or nut. Or my exhaust isn't mounted correctly and that's causing it to bounce or shake.

I wish there was more I could offer in terms of information atm. But that's the best that I can do, and honestly, I'm taking her on a 3000 mile road trip back to florida for work that ill be doing for the next 6 months and want to make sure I don't lose my trans on the way there.

Please help in any way that you can.

I don't think its the latter, I can feel the rattling in the car. Are there any specific things that u listed that are in the general area of middle/passenger side, that could be causing the rattling? And what specificly should I look for? I know that cable wire thing that goes under the trans and mount is not hooked up properly. And honestly, what I was going to do was goto the hardware store and buy the high heat exhaust wrap stuff and just try to wrap up any of the possible problem ares so I can see if the noise stops. (For instance basically tie the exhaust pipes to one of the mounts. )

The cable thing is the emergency brake connection. It could be bouncing around, that's for sure. You've felt around for clearance on things? Nothing too close to the body that might start rattling if the engine torques and moves a bit? So at any speed you hear the rattle, going into neutral means it goes away?

Do you have any friends with a lift? Start the car and lift it up to get a good look see. I have had to do that with a car that had a rattle and it was the muffler that had a loose pc. inside.

Sheesh its been a long time since I've done a 350/400 swap . It does seem that the crossmember has to be moved to the rear a couple inches . IT also seems that the emergency brake cable mounts to the crossmember on the right side while it is pulled from the left side . When the crossmember is moved back then there could be a lot of slack in the cable that runs from left to right . So thats one place I would look into .