Fan/Fan Clutch

Xxyyzz

It looks good to me Mark. I replaced my 72's last winter when I had to motor out just to be safe. Bought both from Summit Racing as the fan I had was an cheap aftermarket piece of junk and it had no clutch so sat behind the shroud.

Mark, unless you know that fan and clutch is not operating correctly (i.e. vibrations or inadequate cooling ability), I would be loathe to replace it. It appears to be in excellent condition and you will pay big bucks to find another stock unit of that vintage.

On the other hand, if you don't care about keeping a stock unit and want some aftermarket unit for some reason, you should be able to get a pretty penny for your current one.

If you or someone else in the club has a '72 Assembly Manual (I only have the '70 Manual), you can check the original fan part number. For a '70 it ends in 7772 but it may actually end in 7779 (like yours) for the '72 engines. If it is year-correct and you decide to replace it, be sure to advertise it as a '72 stock fan because there is plenty of demand for them.

Again, an original stock fan in great condition is probably worth more than just about anything you could replace it with.

Mark, unless you know that fan and clutch is not operating correctly (i.e. vibrations or inadequate cooling ability), I would be loathe to replace it. It appears to be in excellent condition and you will pay big bucks to find another stock unit of that vintage.

On the other hand, if you don't care about keeping a stock unit and want some aftermarket unit for some reason, you should be able to get a pretty penny for your current one.

If you or someone else in the club has a '72 Assembly Manual (I only have the '70 Manual), you can check the original fan part number. For a '70 it ends in 7772 but it may actually end in 7779 (like yours) for the '72 engines. If it is year-correct and you decide to replace it, be sure to advertise it as a '72 stock fan because there is plenty of demand for them.

Again, an original stock fan in great condition is probably worth more than just about anything you could replace it with.

ditto

The reason it's desirable is because it works...many aftermarket units don't. You have the good thermal clutch and it's not cheap to buy a new replacement. IMO, you have the ideal setup.