Functioning Air Ride

iceman

Does anyone have their Level Control functioning? I'm trying to sort out my compressor and need some help.

I'm trying to fill the compressor so that I can get air to the shocks. It looks like there is a hole in the regulator that won't allow the system to be charged from an off-line source such as an air compressor. I can't make heads or tails from the assembly manual (and I'm an engineer). Maybe it's because I don't have pictures of the special tools that GM says are required.

Any troubleshooting information or ways to charge the system using an air compressor would be appreciated.

Iceman (SS with a sagging ***)

I haven't had that problem, but maybe I can help anyway. When you put air in the schrader valve, where does it go? Is it spewing out somewhere, or nothing is even going in?

Thanks Larry ... I knew that I saw those somewhere.

Now ... the air is escaping from the what I think is the regulator valve at the top of the second print. There is a schraader valve at the bottom of the regulator and a small hole above it on the side of the service vavle. I don't have the cover that fits over the regulator. In the assembly manual, it appears that this is just a rubber cover that snaps over the lip on the regulator. I can't imagine that that would hold 140 psi.

Thanks for the help.

Larry\'s prints