71SS rear bumper rubber strip....

LostnFound

Carl....YOU ROCK! I totally forgot it was in there. It was pictured beautifully and answered my question without a doubt. There's 7 bumper holes for the rubber strip and 6 of them are slotted and one isn't. It shows it in the photo plain as day. smile

Thanks for the assistance Carl. smile

Cheers,

Larry

Hey Larry. Glad to help. Question? What are you going to do about the slotted holes? Does rubber expand and contract like alumnium and that is why the holes are slotted. I would say thats a good topic.

Carl

That's what I would assume as well Carl. I'm sure they are slotted for a purpose and expansion/contraction seems like a logical reason as well as variations in the rubber strip as I'm sure they're not all exact. The hole that is not slotted I would assume is the one you start with and tighten and then you branch out to the left and right from there one by one. smile

You are correct on your assumption Larry. Start center or close to it and go to the ends. I do the same procedure when I am installing molding on cabinetry or around the windows in my house.

slots , shims , bend , twist , the best assembly body tool at the auto plants are 2x4's with a rag around them great for setting body gaps , serious cars houses and brain surgery all are within a 1/4 inch , to understand production tolerances fit and function vs perfection is understanding acceptable variation

Leo

Well said Leo. I haven't seen a new house yet with perfect anything and in fact have seen many new ones that are more out of square than the 50 or 60 year old ones. LOL

Thank you all for the input. You guys rock! smile

Cheers,

Larry