Shock Protector plate bolts

Bmarinac

Brett, my assembly manual lists GM part #9419402 Screw for the shock protector plates. I find it extremely difficult to decode the stuff I find on GMPartsWiki.com but it appears to be a 5/16 -18 X 1" bolt.

If you need to know certain sure, I can pull one of my Monte tomorrow and measure it for you. Just let me know.

I tried to research that part number. May be the same as a door hinge bolt?? Opgi has a listing If I search that part number under elcamino. They list it for the door. If you wouldn't mind taking a measurement or a photo that would be great. I can give you a cell number to text photos to if its easier.

Thanks.

Brett.

Brett,

Here's a couple of photos of a screw from the shock protector on my '70 SS. This is a very common GM 5/16-18 x 3/4" screw with a skirt under the head and a tapered end on the threaded shank. You should not have any trouble coming up with these at any salvage yard if you can't find new ones. Good luck.

P6125659_zps8b9772a9.jpg

P6125658_zps95b36bb0.jpg

I bought a whole box of those last year. AuVeCo was the company that is selling them. Got a box of either 25 or 50 for less than 9 bucks. We sell them by the 4 pack but they are pricey that way $3.59 per package.