Brake lights diagram

vacavillebob

I need some help. I have lost my brake lights, They were working fine and yesterday they just stopped. I do have turn signals, tail lights and flashers. I have replaced the blubs, fuse, & brake switch. I could use any suggestions and if anyone has a wiring diagram for the brake wiring that would be great.

Thank you, Bob

i dont have the diagram handy...follow the curcuit with a test light.

start at the fuse,check both sides for power with the test light to ground.then move on till you find the loss of power.

fuse to brake switch to turn signal switch to interior harness connector and so on down the line

hope this helps

Bob try this TURN SIGNAL SWITCH This harness has a connector on it for the 3 7/8 in. 1969-74 GM steering column connection used by GM and many after-market manufacturers.

If using a late model GM steering column or an aftermarket column using the 4 1/4 in. GM turn signal connector, replace existing connector

with connector “L” being sure to match wires by color. (See diagram G on sheet 2 if needed)

White 12 volt feed from brake switch

Dark Green RH tail lamp

Yellow LH tail lamp

Purple 12 volt feed from turn flasher

Brown 12 volt feed from hazard flasher

Dark Blue RH front park lamp

Light Blue LH front park lamp

Black Horn relay ground wire to horn switch

Thank you Robert, having the color codes helps. I am running the stock steering column.

Your message mentions to see (Diagram G on sheet 2) were do I find that.

I am trying to trace the white wire now from the brake switch, do you know where the other end connects.

Thank you, Bob

• 1 month later...

I finally found the problem with the brake lights. One of the wires in the 7 plug on the steering column was not making a full connection. Talk about hard to find. Took a couple of months but it is fixed Yeh.