new engine stays running - won't turn off!

Ember

I had that problem when I added an electric fan setup. It turned out that the fan rotation was generating a current and supplying the ignition circuit with power after the key was shut off. By itself, the fan was wired correct, and by itself the ignition was wired correct....but because the two systems were connected together at the IGN terminal on the fuse block, the fan would power the ign after the key was shut off. This is called backfeeding. It didn't take a high amount of current to keep the ignition working...a couple of volts was enough.

For my situation a diode was required in the fan circuit to prevent the current from flowing back to the ignition circuit. Without the diode the voltage was free to run through the wiring in either direction. If this sounds like it could be your problem, I can diagram how to install a diode that is easy to put in and doesn't require the full amperage of the fan motor through it.

Look into what other stuff you may have connected to the IGN terminal of your fuse block...one of those items may be sending a small voltage back and keeping the engine running.