Powder coating?

DDay

I want to repaint the rally's on the Monte. Would I be better of with a powder coat than paint. Would they're be any issue with the trim rings and caps? Also what color would the paint be for a stock look. Thanks

Don

I had my rally's powder coated last winter. Best money I've spent in a while. No problems with the trim rings or centers. The stock color is Silver Argent.

Wheels.jpg

The guy who did mine added a metal flake to mine. Really stands out in the sun.

I had mine done also. I had multiple coats of rattle-can paint on mine and a bit of rust where the centers meet the rim. There just wasn't any real way to sand them down to start over, so I had them sandblasted and powder coated. They turned out really nice and they clean easily...they even have a bit of a gloss to them so they LOOK clean when they are washed.

My local guy only had one suitable shade of silver for them; it is a bright silver, and his other choice was closer to graphite silver. One thing I learned is that it's cheaper to choose a color that he may be doing a run of. Another note is that he normally does the exterior of the wheels only. If you want the inside where the tire goes, or the back side, you need to specify and the price goes up accordingly. Ask questions to be sure of what's really going to be done. My estimate simply said "four wheels: X dollars" and that sounded like what I wanted, but I had them break it down to something like "four wheels; 100% blast and coat".

• 1 month later...

Well, I dropped the 5 wheels off yesterday to be powder coated. Scott, I went with something very close to yours it was called Bengal silver. It is close to the argent and has a little flake in it. There is a two week turn around now just and wait.

Mark, they shoot all the rim inside and out. It cost 65. per wheel and that included blasting, degreasing and coating ( for a 15x7)

thanks for the input!