WARNING!!!

dbreese

Hey Guys,

If you are running an aftermarket rear housing where the upper control mount ears are located higher please make sure you have enough clearance between the mount ears and your hard brake lines that run from the tee on the housing. I had a line that rubbed long enough that it finally split( never noticed it ) as I was leaving the track at Bowling KY to make the drive to Indy during Drag Week. Would have been bad enough at the track if it failed (Sand City at the end) but really could have been ugly on the road.

David

wow! shock thanks on the heads-up. Everything OK? How did you manage to find that before it became fatal?

As I was leaving the track and went to stop at a light and the pedal just about went to the floor. Thank goodness I was creeping along as I approached the light. Limped it across the street and pulled into a convenient store lot. Looked underneath and saw fluid on the bottom of the pumpkin. Got a little on my finger, brake fluid. Had a guy push the brakes and saw fluid spray from the line near the fitting that went to the tee.

Clamped off the rubber line with some vise grips and eased down the block to ADvanced auto got a 40" piece of brake line and bent it around to make it work. Bled the brakes and got back on the road to Indy. Got to Indy about 1:00 am the next morning.

David

Blessing in disguise that it happen when it did. Having it fail at the track could have been catastrophic. Any car accident is scary, but an accident in which your vehicle is thrown into out of your control is mortifying. Losing your brakes is one of those situations. frown