need help dash cluster

tonym0828

Put new circuit board in and all new bulbs. Now some of them work and a lot do not. could the copper tabs on the sockets need bent up or am I better off buying a bunch of new ones. All help or suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

Tony Murphy

Tony was the bulbs you use the stock ones and were they already in the car? Stock ones doesn't matter which way they are put in as they will still work. Testing them you should be able to use a 9volt battery to test them. If you have the LED bulbs they will need to go in one way and again can be tested with a 9volt battery.

I had similar issues with a brand new printed circuit. I wound up just working the bulb socket on and off a few times to get them all to work. It was like a film of some sort had built up during storage or shipment on the printed circuit. Probably result of slight corrosion. If it is really bad you can take a pencil eraser to the copper tabs and on the contact area of the printed circuit to make the contact better. That is the least abrasive way to get the connections clean and establish a good connection.