Another Question on Cruie Control Linkage?

Got a kit from Edelbock recently that is supposed to adapt to an Edelbrock Carb in order to install / hook up my Factory Cruise Control to the Carb.  Absolutely no Instructions provided!

My question is - Other than believing the bracket with the 3 holes punched thru it attaches to the original Carb linkage?

I am at a lose how to hook up the bracket to the Carb!  Anyone done this before?

Help would be appreciated!

Trying to upload photo and show attachment file but not pic, so unsure if this is gonna show pic.  Anyways, here goes!

Doug

post-458-0-51190200-1420857406_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Have you Goggled it? I have a Qudrajet I added cruise to so it is different.

Good luck.

I did a search and came up empty Bruce.  :cry:

Okay, if anyone has a good clear pic of their Cruise Control linkage at Carburetor, that would help in getting my orientation and can proceed from there.  I have a pic of the adapter bracket shown in my original Post that identifies where bracket assembly pieces attach to bracket. 

Just need some visuals to aid in attaching bracket to Carb.

Any help GREATLY appreciated as it will simplify project.

Thanx for your help. :grin:

Doug 

Just went out and took some pictures of my set up. Not 100% OEM because I added it, but it has been over 24 years ago.

Click on the link:

Good luck!

Bruce 

https://picasaweb.google.com/110808817090254771768/2015011002?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIW4ntaVwZmtKw&feat=directlink

Appreciate the pics Bob.  Your set up looks a little different but gives me an idea what I need to look for.  I figured out the Cruise Bracket I purchased is not compatible to my Cruise Servo set up.  That explains my confusion! :nutz:  But, I have a PLAN! :2beers:

Just curious what the third cable attached to your Carb is for?

Thanx again and much appreciated! 

Doug

That also helped me a bit... Couldn't for the life of me figure out where my kickdown cable hooked to. Of course, my car didn't have a q-jet when I bought it, but at least that gives me an idea! 

• 4 weeks later...

Have completed installation of Cruise Control unit all the way into cabin.  Have to still route Cruise lever stick wiring thru steering column, brake switch and connect hoses & wiring inside cabin but externally is all done.

Only issue externally was finding a place to mount servo cable to Carb.  Found a adequate spot on exisitng Carb linkage where a hole was drilled and taped.  Made a extension piece with cable fastener that screwed into taped threaded hole that attached servo cable.  No interference issues and should work well.

Modification shown in picture for hooking up to Edelbrock 4 bbl. Carb.  Didn't need any adapter kit after all for adding Cruise! :nutz:

That's all I got for now.  Hopefully it will operate as expected once complete and trial run(s) done.

Doug

post-458-0-24091600-1423090099_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-94276200-1423090186_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-40367500-1423090227_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Doug, it looks great!

If you have a vacuum pump, you could apply vacuum to the servo (engine OFF) causing the cable to open the throttle blades. This will let you watch the movement and the release of the servo for sticking or binding.

Not Cruise related but have you made sure you get WOT on this carb by having someone floor the gas peddle?

Bruce

Sorry, WOT = Wide Open Throttle or floored. (or Wild On Tuesday and Thursday!)

I had fun today with this one from my Tax man

T

S

J

taxpayer

spouse

joint