Rear view mirror

monte70car

So in the El Camino we were going to use a stock mirror, but the lighted mirrors we have needs to be redone. So I hooked up with Dakota Digital for their VFD temperature and compass mirror. I know it gets mounted on the glass vs the ceiling like the stock one. Has anyone use this style mirror and how well do you like it.

Robert, I installed a windshield mounted mirror with dual maps lights about a year ago & love it! It's about 2" shorter than stock plus I was able to mount higher and out of the way, I've gotten much better visibility and gained the interior lights. It was only about $40 bucks........

DSCF1344.jpg

DSCF1343.jpg

DSCF1345.jpg

As you can see, I added an old piece of window trim to fill in the gap left by the stock mirror.

I did the exact same thing Robert did. Really helps with visibility and as a convertible doesn't have dome lite, it really helps out. It functions with the door jam switch or with its own built-in switch. I also added "Theater-Dimming" to the entire courtesy lite system....its a nice touch. They're so much better than the original G.M. mirrors from that era, with the (single) lite and really cheap in the boneyards, too.