Window to trunk filler

ClassicJJ

I Ripped the vinyl top off of my car a few weeks ago and finally finished sanding it all down. the rear window to trunk panel needs to be replaced and I already have the new one to do it but I need some advice as to how to go about cutting the old one out and reinstalling the new one. I was hoping someone would have some pointers for me because I'm really trying to do this the right way. its kind of difficult on a teenager budget and work/ school schedule but I'm really trying ha please help me out!

yeah the only way to do it is find the spot welds and drill em out.

wk2.jpg

this is the only pic I could find from when I did mine but it kinda shows you where the spot welds are..hope it helps a lil bit

I did this a few months back...I carefully took a high speed cut off wheel and cut it out down in the channel, there is enough space to cut it near the spot welds without cutting the underneath, be very careful.

I done the same in the window channel area. Grinding down what was left with the same grinder (different disk), once ground down, I was actually able to pop all of them in the channel area with a screwdriver. Down in the weatherstrip channel I just grinded it smooth, then re welded it. I drilled holes in the window channel area, and put it in like factory. The trunk channel I just welded on the edge, no holes were neccessary.