700 r4

jacob

talked to a friend and for $70 dollars I got this 700r4 wanted to get opinions on upgrades torque is the biggest killer for this transmission so I want it to be overkill as far as strength. Any suggestions? what are the weak points in a 700r4 what does changing to a corvette servo change?

heres some pictures what year tranny is this any concerns

SANY0634_zps764a8c97.jpg

SANY0635_zps056bc2d9.jpg

SANY0636_zpsed4649e6.jpg

SANY0637_zps30f256fc.jpg

SANY0638_zps1ede5c55.jpg

SANY0639_zpsf3bc6eec.jpg

SANY0640_zpsd320e2e8.jpg

SANY0641_zpsf3a31037.jpg

I know there are couple of venders who make the gear drive for the speedometer cable. On my car the previous owner had it set up perfectly for the 700R4, 3:73 rear end gears and the tire size. When we went to Carlisle the speedometer was dead on with the GPS so it is the perfect setup. Who he got the gear drive from I have no idea.

I want to put together a list of things to talk about with my transmission man I want to make it alot stronger than I need because I don't want to have to pull it out to get it rebuilt again ... and in the future I see a big block Tubro 400 and gear vendors and doing one of these NOTE THE GUYS HOLDING THERE EARS

maxresdefault.jpg

The weak point for a 700r4 is the TV cable, if the cable is not adjusted right you'll burn the trans up no matter what you put inside the case. One item that needs to be changed unless you plan on running an elec speedo is the speedo connect currently that trans is for an elec speedo car. I see that trans has also been rebuilt how long has it been sitting? has it seen any drive time and what type of car or truck did it come out of? I own a level 2 bowtie overdrive trans which is good for 450hp and have had a 454 450hp motor bolted to it and it still lives.

Ill be getting a TV cable from Lokar and im going to have Kieth my transmission guy set it up so if it goes crazy he set it not me. the trans has been sitting for several years eek but it does have transmission fluid in it. And no idea what it came out of the guy that got it didn't know either

No torque converter with the transmission shock and yes it was out side but it was under a work bench and had a big trash bag on it so it was some what covered up it was gray but most of that has peeled off.

What rebuild kit would you guys recommend