cars not cranking

jacob

working on my 2nd 1972 Monte put on a new engine wiring harness the previous owner hooked up the jumper cables wrong and fried a few wires and all the starter wires were cooked by the exhaust. that has now been replaced ive been cranking the car with my remote start and cutting the car off with the key... it wont crank with the remote start without the key in the start position but it does absolutely nothing when you turn the key. ive checked at the starter there's power at the big terminal and the black ignition wire no power at the purple wire even when the key is switched on and i checked power at the coil( it has points) the positive had power with the key off and with the key in it at the cranking position the negative post on the coil has power. confused any ideas whats happening? i also put the tester on the horn relay and it had power and theres 4 wires that go on the stud. also no brake lights, turn signals or backup lights the dash and the gauges arent in the car yet i wanted to be able to fire it up with the key before i got to much stuff in the way thanks in advance.

When mine had no crank last year I found out that I must have accidentally jarred loose a wire right under the steering column before it meets the firewall. Not sure the color but thought it was also purple or pink. Hope all works out for you

Thanks everyone I removed the neutral safety switch cleaned all the copper tabs. Also found that only one bolt was bolting it to the steering column so I found another bolt on one of my other columns and it now cranks up and runs using the key.

another question the headlights, tail lights, turn signals, backup lights, side marker lights nothing is working. The gauges have a brand new circuit board and the headlight switch worked before the circuit board was replaced. I took my tester and put it in the taillight socket with the brakes on... nothing. any one had problems like this ... its almost like nothings getting any power or bad grounds and are there any color diagrams for the under dash and body wiring im not seeing every thing in my assembly manual?