oil pressure sender relocation options

cbolt

I purchased an AutoMeter electrical oil pressure gauge and noticed the sending unit has clearance issues. SBC with a Weiand intake and electronic distributor. Instead of trying to re-invent the wheel I figured I would ask how other people solved the sending unit relocation. It appears the standard 2" adaptor from Jegs or Summit will still create issues with the distributor so I am looking at a braided hose and clamp to put the sending unit on the firewall. Does anyone else have this setup? Does the adaptor provide enough clearance to forgo the tube and clamp method? Should I look at a 90 degree elbow fitting? Thanks in advance.

Jim

I probably have the same clearance everyone else has with a aluminum intake and HEI distributor. I did some rough measurements and I will need the longer adaptor to make room for the 90 degree fitting anyway.

I solved it with a stainless adaptor from Jegs and a 90 degree elbow. Fits under the distributor and over the manifold just fine. Only thing left prior to installation is pre-oil and thermostat install.