Wiring diagram tail- and headlights

GermanMonte

How are y'all doing?

I need some help here rewiring my Monte's taillights in order to pass the German inspection upcoming Saturday.

The turn signals for post 1970 cars have to be amber over here. My problem is, that the turn signal and the stop signal share the same wire at the bulb. Unfortunately, this ruined my plan to seperate the turn signal from the brake signal right at the bulb to be able to connect a amber colored light to the corresponding wire. Do you guys know if there's a way to seperate these two functions from each other?

A wiring diagram for the ligthing system of a 1971 would be highly appreciated.

Greetings from Germany

Robert

Is it OK to have both a red and amber? As long as one of them is amber... If not, there is a way you can do it but it will require splitting the tail lamp wiring and running additional wires from the turn signal switch harness to the rear for the turn signal.

I’m assuming you’re planning to mount an additional amber lamp somewhere on the rear.

I do have an extra set of turn signals:

http://www.zmg-motorsport.com/webshop/images/product_images/info_images/HS284100_p.jpg

They're like 2" long and 3/8" tall and fit into the rear taillight housing, barely noticable.

What do you mean by splitting the tail lamp wiring?

the break light switch is routed thru the turn signal switch

tap into the break light switch and run a wire to the tailights and stop the wire to the turn signal switch

Trying to translate this into German so that it makes sense in my head :-D. Ok, I will check the wires from the brake light switch to the turn signal switch tomorrow. Sounds like I will have to run an extra set of wires for the amber lights to the back of the car though.

Btw: These tiny led turn signal lights are perfectly legal - I know...it's weird.

What Sam said;

der Bruch Lichtschalter durch Blinkerschalter geführt

tippen Sie in der Pause Lichtschalter und führen Sie einen Draht zu den Rückleuchten und stoppen Sie die Kabel an den Blinkerschalter.

Maybe this will help.

After looking at it I think this one is better;

der Bremslichtschalter wird durch Blinkerschalter geführt

tippen Sie in der Bremslichtschalter und führen Sie einen Draht zu den Heckleuchten und stoppen Sie die Kabel an den Blinkerschalter

Mission accomplished! Thanks for supporting me. I cut the connection from the brake switch to the turn signal and ran an extra wire for the brake lights to the trunk. All is good now, ready for the German inspection.

Thanks again!