12 bolt posi spider gear/cross pin play

D0ublezer0x

Based on the naked eye, that's too much play. With a magnetic base and a dial indicator on the ring teeth, you should only move .006-.010. Was it set up correctly to begin with? Do you hear whining on the coast or acceleration. Your vid looks like you're pushing > .050. As long as all the gears look good, it just may be a clutch pack or shim issue. - Dave

Based on the naked eye, that's too much play. With a magnetic base and a dial indicator on the ring teeth, you should only move .006-.010. Was it set up correctly to begin with? Do you hear whining on the coast or acceleration. Your vid looks like you're pushing > .050. As long as all the gears look good, it just may be a clutch pack or shim issue. - Dave

Don't have a dial indicator but I think I'll pick one up as this is the third time I wish I had one. I have no idea if it was set up correctly in the first place and I kind of doubt it was looking at some of the other shady things done on the car. It does whine on coast at around 50 MPH.