washer fluid monitoring system fiber optic lead

CPC

does anyone have the fiber optic lead for the  windshield washer fluid monitoring system, or know where to buy one? mine was cut short. Any ideas on how to add onto it?

CPC there are repair kits available which comes in a 2' section. With the way its made the cut needs to be perfectly squared so it seals right. I did see a website and I dont remember the name of it but you could but the length of the lead for like a $1.75 a foot.. I believe I have a package of a repair kit that I can get the part number off of, I picked them up at Mid America Motorworks mamotorworks.com (Corvette parts store) part number is 602643. Here is the site that sells the full length cable www.fiberopticproducts.com/Jacketed.htm you would need the LG-64

A couple of mine had been cut. You should be able to go to most any junk yard and get all the fiber optic lines you want from most any Cadillac on the lot. Cadillac used the fiber optic lines for many years. To splice mine I cut both ends with a new razor blade, making the cuts as squared off as possible.

From an electronics store I bought some black shrink wrap. They sell it in different sizes that will fit right over the wire. I stuck both ends into the shrink wrap tube and held them butted up against each other and shrunk the shrink wrap tube around them. I then took the next larger size of shrink tubing and slid it over the first and shrunk it intp place too.

rob